Friday 17 June 2011

effect of Coca Cola on meat experiment 1 draft 3

Once again, I modified my experiment procedure as after my classmate Lum Qianwei had seen and given me feedback on my procedure, I realised that I needed to record my observations down as the data collected in the form of the weight and the total surface area of the pieces of meat would not be able to completely and accurately tell me about the changes in the pieces of meat and the coca cola. I also realised that in my table I needed to not only show my data collected but calculate the changes in weight and total surface area.








My new procedure!
Step 1: Use the knife to cut out 2 pieces of chicken breast meat of approximately 1cmx2cmx2cm.
Step 2: Pour 250 ml of Coca Cola each into 2 bottles
Step 3: Pour 250 ml of Water each into 2 bottles
Step 4: steam 2 pieces of chicken meat of at least approximately 4cmx4cmx2cm just until they are cooked throughout
Step 5: Cut out 2 pieces of chicken meat measuring approximately 1cmx2cmx2cm from the cooked pieces of meat
Step 6: Using a ruler measure the dimensions of each of the pieces of meat and record down each of their total surface area
Step 7: Pat pieces of meat dry lightly using a paper towel to remove any excess liquid then, using a weighing scale weigh each piece of meat and record their masses down
Step 8: Place one piece of raw chicken meat into a bottle of Coca Cola and the other piece of raw chicken meat into a bottle of water
Step 9: Place one piece of steamed and cut chicken meat into a bottle of Coca Cola and the other piece of steamed chicken meat into a bottle of water
Step 10: Close the bottles using the bottle-caps
Step 11: Leave bottles in a shaded area of room temperature for 48 hours
Step 12: Observe the pieces of meat and the Coca Cola and record down observations
Step 13: remove pieces of meat from the bottles after 48 hours and weigh and measure them after patting pieces of meat dry lightly using a paper towel to remove any excess liquid 
Step 14: record data collected and organize data into a table calculating the change in weight and total surface area
Step 15: repeat steps 1-14 with pork meat
Step 16: repeat steps 1-15 once more


No comments:

Post a Comment